Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Soundtrack to my Life :)

"Free Fallin'"(Live) by John Mayer - I am not sure if he is the original artist, but this is the song I play on repeat while I do all of my homework because it beats sitting in silence and I can easily tune it out to concentrate.

"Cost of Livin'" by Ronnie Dunn - I like this song because the lyrics are so true, "the cost of livin's high and going up."  This makes me realize why I am hear going to college and working hard so that I can support a family someday as gas, food, and rent continues to get more expensive.  I also want to be able to help send my children to college someday and I can only imagine how expensive it will be by then.

"The River Flows in You" by Yurigima - This is a piano solo that I love to play on my piano at home.  It is so relaxing, and helped me de-stress when need be.  Even just listening to it now will help me relax when I don't have a piano to satisfy my nimble fingers.

"One Love (People be Ready)" by GLEE (cover) - This is mine and my best friend/roommate's song.  We belt it out together on our car rides back home, and have already promised to sing it at each other's weddings as a duet :)

"Barrel of a Gun" by Guster - My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 4 years now, and he introduced me to this band before we started dating.  It is one of my older memories of our relationship.  We used to sing it in the care together all the time, and I just fell in love with the band.  Which wasn't hard to do since the drummer plays with just his hands!

"Little Lion Man" by Mumford and Sons - I absolutely love this whole album.  This song stuck out to me because everyone has made mistakes in their past and hurt some people along the way although maybe not intentionally.  Those memories of the people we hurt will stick with us forever, and there isn't much to do about it except learn from those mistakes.  I relate to this because I have hurt people on the way to where I am right now and I am not proud of it.  Wish they knew how badly I felt, but they most likely never will.  This song lets me release some of those negative feelings.

I would write more but I'm off to bed!  Music is very important to me, and I have no clue what I would be doing without it...probably more homework.. :P Buh bye blog!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment